Beautiful Apartment Homes for Active Lifestyles
Enjoy full-service independent living in your private apartment home on our beautiful, conveniently-located, pet-friendly campus in Kansas City. A wealth of amenities, including delightful dining choices, will be right outside your front door. And if you ever need health care, a full continuum is offered right on site.
At Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place, we offer a variety of financial plans, including 90% refundable entrance fees and rental options. Review and complete our confidential financial statement, which will help you choose the option that’s right for you.
Come see the beautiful independent living apartment homes at Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place for yourself. That’s the best way to find the one that’s right for you, so contact us today to schedule a tour. In the meantime, here’s an easy way to see the floor plans. Along with elegant interior design features, the distinctive selection of floor plans in our Madison and Jefferson buildings complement your sense of style.
Personal washer/dryer in apartment home; balconies; underground, heated parking.
- The Brookvale — 1 bedroom, 1 bath, great room, balcony (987 sq. ft.)
- The Meyer — 1 bedroom, 1.5 baths, great room, balcony (1,195 sq. ft.)
- The Northland — 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, balcony (1,238 sq. ft.)
- The Fleming — 1 bedroom, 1.5 baths, den, balcony (1,334 sq. ft.)
- The Rosedale — 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, formal dining room, den, balcony (1,402 sq. ft.)
- The Seville — Master bedroom suite, 2nd bedroom, 2 baths, 2 balconies (1,545 sq. ft.)
- The Summit — 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 balconies (1,572 sq. ft.)
Learn more about amenities of all Jefferson Building apartment homes.
Complimentary laundry rooms on each floor; personal washer/dryer in select apartment homes; covered carport parking.
- The Nelson — Studio, 1 bath, walk-in closet (600 sq. ft.)
- The Rockhill — 1 bedroom, 1 bath, galley kitchen, walk-in closet (625 sq. ft.)
- The Crestwood — 1 bedroom, 1 bath, eat-in kitchen, walk-in closet (675 sq. ft.)
- The Pershing — 1 bedroom, 1 bath, great room (800 sq. ft)
- The Harrington — 1 bedroom, 2 baths, den, personal washer/dryer (950 sq. ft.)
- The Wesley — 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, eat-in kitchen, washer/dryer (950 sq. ft.)
- The Heritage — 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, open kitchen, washer/dryer (950 sq. ft.)
- The Chelsea — Master bedroom suite, 2nd br, 2 baths, washer/dryer (1,162 sq. ft.)
Learn more about amenities of all Madison Building apartment homes.
Explore Independent Living
Club Spencer Anticipation Program
Making the move to a retirement community is a big decision – and even if your retirement plans include moving to Bishop Spencer Place, you might not be ready yet. If this is the case, we encourage you to join our unique Club Spencer Anticipation Program.
This exclusive program allows you to reserve the apartment style of your choice and also start enjoying some of the benefits of Bishop Spencer Place before you move in. You’ll have the chance to meet your future neighbors, enjoy mouthwatering, chef-prepared meals, get acclimated to the community, and take part in the many life-enrichment activities our residents enjoy every day.
Our Independent Living Residents
Frequently Asked Questions About Independent Living
Independent living at Bishop Spencer Place in Kansas City gives you the comfortable freedom of living your way in a private space while having peace of mind in accessible healthcare and 5-star dining. Independent living allows you to take control of your own beautiful home while enjoying the full-service benefits of Bishop Spencer Place.
Yes! This is your home, ready to be designed with your favorite furniture and décor.
Bishop Spencer Place offers a wealth of community amenities such as our art & activities studio, card & game lounges and computer lab. Many of our residents also enjoy spending their time volunteering at various places on campus, such as the library or museum. Other residents serve on charitable event committees, church guilds, food pantries, community centers, and more. Our residents are energized by countless recreational and cultural activities and conveniences, both on site and within the surrounding neighborhoods.
We encourage all friends and relatives to enjoy the Bishop Spencer Place lifestyle with you. During normal hours of operation, anyone is welcome for a visit. We know having your family and friends near is of utmost importance.
If you have decided to move to Bishop Spencer Place, but your preferred apartment floor plan style isn’t available, you may join our Club Spencer Anticipation Program. This exclusive future residents program allows you to reserve the apartment style of your choice while you begin enjoying some of the benefits of living at Bishop Spencer Place. You’ll have the chance to meet your future neighbors, enjoy meals in our casual Bistro or full-service Canterbury Dining Room twice a month, take part in community activities and outings, and become acclimated to life at Bishop Spencer Place. Once your apartment of choice is available, we will call you according to your spot on the wait list. Currently, we have future residents enjoying the benefits of our Club Spencer program, but we also have apartments available if you’d like to move in now!
Of course! We love our resident pets, from cats and dogs to birds and lizards. We even host a Blessing of the Animals event in our Bishop’s Garden where our chaplain blesses our residents and their pets.