Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place is affiliated with the Episcopal Diocese of West Missouri (the Diocese). The Diocese received two gifts in 1965 that helped fund the creation of Bishop Spencer Place. Our community is named after Robert Nelson Spencer, who was the Bishop of the Diocese from 1930 to 1950.
Our bylaws require that the Bishop of the Diocese (currently Bishop Martin S. Field) serves as the Chair of our Board of Directors. This structure ensures that our faith-based mission stays front and center as the board provides governance for our not-for-profit community.
Bishop Spencer Place has a dedicated chaplain, Kathy Hall, who provides spiritual support to all residents, employees, and family members. Eucharistic services are held in our beautiful on-site chapel every Sunday and during Holy Week, and Roman Catholic Mass twice a month. Rosary is celebrated every Saturday. Bishop Spencer Place welcomes persons of all faith to our community.