At Bishop Spencer Place, our faith-based heritage is the foundation for our mission to provide an engaging retirement lifestyle, gracious hospitality, and quality health care for life in a family-oriented environment. We are a nonprofit, single-site, locally-managed life plan retirement community with more than 20 years of experience serving seniors in the heart of Kansas City.
Stewardship – along with hospitality and respect – is one of our three key values. To be good stewards, we believe we must be financially sound so we can provide the full spectrum of quality retirement and health services for the security of our residents.
Selecting the right community is an important decision – you want a community that will be there for you today and in the future. Bishop Spencer Place has the following attributes that promote our (and your) stability:
- Opened in 1995, so we have more than 20 years of experience
- Governed by an independent, freestanding, volunteer board of directors, of which the president of the resident council is a voting member
- Part of Saint Luke’s Health System and affiliated with the Episcopal Diocese of West Missouri
- Compliance with 100% of our bond covenants; current on all payments and no missed or late payments
- Bonds have maturities of 20 and 30 years at low fixed rates
- Benevolent care funds which have provided more than $14 million dollars of care since 1995 to residents who have exhausted their financial resources
- No delays in paying a refundable entry fee when it’s due
Your Ideal Retirement – Guaranteed
At Bishop Spencer Place retirement community, we stand by our commitment to excellence – so much that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If after six months of living at BSP you elect to move out due to dissatisfaction with our community, you will receive a full refund of 100% of the entry fee paid.