Independent Living Services & Amenities
We’re at Your Beck and Call
At Saint Luke’s Bishop Spencer Place, we take your comfort and satisfaction very seriously. As an independent living resident, if there’s anything you want or need… at any time… just let us know, and we’ll take care of it. Plus, all our community areas are comfortable and inviting, so you and your guests always feel at home wherever you go on our campus.
Are you considering a move? Use our Compare the Costs tool sheet to help you see side by side your monthly expenses where you currently live compared to all the great services and amenities listed below. These services & amenities are already included in your monthly cost when you live here at Bishop Spencer Place.
Apartment Home Amenities & Services
- Interior designer-selected floor, cabinet, and countertop finishes
- Custom upgrades available (additional cost)
- Nine-foot ceilings in main living areas (eight-foot ceilings in first-floor Madison apartments)
- Crown molding
- Balconies (Jefferson apartments)
- Wooden-blind window treatments
- Generous walk-in and custom closets
- Stainless appliances including microwave
- Individual heating & cooling controls
- Personal washer/dryer and/or complimentary laundry rooms
- Additional complimentary climate-controlled storage
- Underground heated parking and covered carport parking (additional cost)
- Flexible dining program with culinary services provided by PB&J Restaurants
- Weekly housekeeping
- Scheduled bed linen laundry service
- Cable TV, Google Fiber Internet & all utilities (except telephone)
- Interior/exterior maintenance & groundskeeping
- Transportation complementary to & from Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, KU Medical Center, and scheduled outings (additional cost for other personal trips)
- Campus-wide emergency call system with 24-hour staff response
- 24-hour security staff
- Concierge and valet services
- Complimentary membership & transportation to the Kirmayer Fitness and Aquatic Center
Bishop Spencer offers a wide range of community activities such as an art & activities studio, card & game lounges and a computer lab.
Meet Our Hospitality Staff
Our gracious staff takes care of everything from housekeeping and maintenance to transportation and concierge services, so you can focus on making the most of your retirement.
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISORY TEAM